Lenswood Cold Stores Co-operative Society Limited (ABN 66 112 676 591) (LCS) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information collected about our customers and suppliers. We are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles. Our procedures for the handling of personal information, as generally outlined in this Policy, are in accordance with the Privacy Act.
1. How we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
1.1 Personal information The types of personal information we collect about you, and our use of that information, depends upon your dealings with us. Generally, the types of personal information we collect and hold may include your name, telephone number, residential and email address and financial information (ie for invoicing and payment of services). If you do not provide all of the personal information we require, we may be unable to provide you with the products or services you are seeking.
1.2 Collection We generally collect personal information directly from you. We may collect your personal information in person, or by telephone or through written information or forms that you submit to us. We collect personal information that we require for the purposes of our business functions and activities. If you provide us with personal information about a third party, you warrant that that third party consents to us collecting and using their personal information in accordance with this Policy.
1.4 Use and Disclosure We will use and disclose your personal information (and that of third parties) for the purposes for which we collected it, for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us holding, using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes: – to provide our products and services to you; – to acquire produce from growers and sell produce to customers; – ongoing management of contracts with growers and customers; – to communicate with you and provide information to you about our business; – to respond to enquiries and provide you with information you have requested. We may disclose personal information to third party contractors who may be performing services for us which involves your personal information, or a third party where we are required or authorised by law to do so. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent.
2. Access to Personal Information You may seek access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at the details in this Policy. We may require you to provide us with sufficient identification before providing access to your personal information. If we are required or authorised by law to do so, we may refuse access. We may charge a reasonable fee for you to access your personal information, but that fee will not exceed our reasonable costs of assessing your request and providing access. We will advise the amount once we have assessed your request, and we may require payment prior to providing access. Access to your personal information may be provided in a number of ways, including by providing you with a hard copy of the information, or by allowing you to view our records. If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us at the details shown below. If you satisfy us that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will amend our records accordingly.
3. Cross-border disclosures As at the date of this Policy, we are not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients. If in future we do propose to disclose personal information overseas, we will do so in compliance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. From time to time we may engage an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of overseas service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information. However, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to the storage of such information on overseas servers and acknowledge that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosure. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act. We will only transfer your personal information outside of Australia otherwise, with your consent or where we are otherwise legally permitted or required to do so.
4. Amendments This Policy is current as at 16 September 2014. We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time, without notice to you, to ensure that we maintain the highest standards. The date of this Policy will inform you as to whether there have been updates since your last visit.
5. Do you have any concerns, queries or complaints? If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our management of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer for further information at the details set out below:
Privacy Officer c/- Administration Team
Cold Store Road Lenswood SA 5240
Tel (08) 8389 8300
Fax (08) 8389 8570
We request that any dispute or complaint be submitted into writing to our Privacy Officer. We will confirm receipt of your complaint and your dispute or complaint will be investigated and we will respond to you within a reasonable time. If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, see oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint for further information.